– April 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Scottsdale home sales surged again in April while inventory fell.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – APRIL 2019
Each month we track the following items relating to home sales in Scottsdale:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – The number of homes that were on the market at the end of the month.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – The number of homes that were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – The number of pending home sales at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – How many home sales there were during the month.
APRIL 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The inventory of homes for sale fell almost 5% to come in at 1,892.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): The number of UCB homes closed out the month at 350. This is the second highest we have seen this figure in the past year.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: There were 366 pending sales at the end of April. This is over 10% higher than they were at the end of March and the highest we have seen them in the past year.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: 529 homes sold in April, up 16.8% over March. We have not seen sales figures this high since this time last year.
Here are two more items we use to better understand the Scottsdale real estate market:
On the top, we have a comparison between the current month and the month prior. So, for instance, pending sales were up 10.2% in April over the end of March. It is an easy way to check the momentum of the market.
On the bottom, we have sales price to list price, which compares average sales prices to the average listing price. In April, it was the same as March at 96.3%. So, on average, buyers saw a 3.7% discount off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 5/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes