September is here and that means new things to do in Scottsdale and around the Valley.
Here are some ideas for things to do in and around Scottsdale for the month of September.
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit – Through November – This highly anticipated exhibit is finally open! Learn more about Van Gogh and his life and then step into a fully immersive animated art experience. The experience lasts 40 minutes and you can stay as long as you want.
- Summer at the Desert Botanical Garden – Ends early September – Come experience the Garden after hours with Flashlight Nights every Saturday or enjoy music and ambiance with the Soronan Sippin‘ events on select dates.
- Hamilton – September 8th – October 10th – The world-famous show is coming to ASU Gammage this month.
- Arabian National Breeder Finals – September 15th -18th – WestWorld will be hosting this prestigious event featuring these magestic animals. In addition to the Arabian and Halter horses, shopping and food will be available.
- Pumpkin Nights at The Princess – September 16th – October 31st – The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is getting Fall kicked off with Pumpkin Nights. There will be a Pumpkin Patch, a Jack-O-Lantern Lawn & Lane featuring games and fun as well as the Cider Orchard. There are also special offers for stays and spa treatments.
- Junk in the Trunk Market – September 17th – 19th – Junk in the Trunk is back at WestWorld! Over 130 vendors spread over 120,000 square feet will be selling antique and vintage finds as well as handmade crafts.
- Arizona Restaurant Week – September 17th -26th – 120 restaurants have signed up to participate in Arizona Fall Restaurant Week. Each restaurant will feature a set menu at great prices. Visit your favorites or discover new restaurants.
- Gold Over America – September 22nd – You just saw many of these powerful ladies compete in the Tokyo Olympics and now they will be coming to Glendale. Headliner Simone Biles is joined by past teammates and other outstanding gymnasts as they show off their athletic prowess.
- Oktoberfest in Fountain Hills – September 24th – 25th – Come celebrate Oktoberfest with beer and authentic German food while listening to a German band. There are also contests for the grownups and a Kid Zone for the little ones.
- Catch an Outdoor Concert – There are a lot of great concerts coming up in September and beyond. Some highlights include Lady A, Pitbull, Jon Pardi, Luke Bryan and Bush with Stone Temple Pilots.
- Cheer on the Diamondbacks– Throughout September – There are lots of Diamondbacks games throughout the month! This month, they have home games against the Padres, Mariners, Rangers and Braves.
- Live Music at The District in Desert Ridge – Friday and Saturday nights – All kinds of musical genres will be on the stage in August and beyond. Visit the website to see who will be playing.
- Scottsdale’s Museum of the West – If you have not had a chance to visit Western Spirit in Old Town Scottsdale, it should be added to your list. It is home to an impressive collection of western art, history and artifacts.
As always, if you have other events going on that you would like to highlight, please feel free to add them to the comment section.
Disclaimer: Please check with the event venue to make sure the event is happening as scheduled. Some of these events require a paid ticket and may have safety restrictions in place.