Due to COVID-19, some of the places below are temporarily closed, have takeout only or have limited operating hours. Please be sure to check in advance.
Since Scottsdale has been breaking all kinds of hot weather temperature records, we thought it would be a good time to pull together a list of our favorite ice cream, gelato and frozen yogurt places around town.
North Scottsdale Treats
- Cherry on Top Frozen Yogurt – Located in The Summit shopping center, Cherry on Top is a self-service frozen yogurt shop where you can pick your flavors and your toppings.
- That’s Amore Gelato – This gem is located at Pinnacle Peak and Miller and it has been serving up dozens of fresh gelato flavors for years. (My personal favorite is the stracciatella.) They also have a selection of pastries and the coffee there is excellent.
Central Scottsdale Treats
- Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt– Golden Spoon, located in the Promenade is an oldie, but goodie. Prepared for you, you can pick from a variety of flavors and toppings.
- Shake Shack – The Shake Shack at Kierland Commons has several offerings to cool you down. You can opt for a handmade classic shake, a S’mores shake as well as frozen custards. (There is a second Shake Shack location in Scottsdale Fashion Square.)
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt – There are two locations to choose from in Central Scottsdale. The first is in Scottsdale Quarter and the other is in the Scottsdale Towne Center at Frank Lloyd Wright an the 101. Menchie’s is a self-serve set up with about 10 different flavors and dozens of toppings to choose from.
Old Town Scottsdale Treats
- Sugar Bowl – We would be remiss if we did not put this Old Town Scottsdale institution on the list. In business since 1958, the Sugar Bowl has been serving up ice cream delicacies to generations of families.
- Zuzu at the Hotel Valley Ho – Zuzu’s pastry chef, Clarissa Robinson, creates a new featured “showstopper” shake each month and they are impressive. They are over the top and, even better, each monthly shake’s sales donates to a specific charity! They also have “short stopper” shakes each month as well.
- Fatty Daddy’s Gelato and Sorbet – This playful shop not only serves traditional gelatos and sorbets, but also has some fun flavors like Captain Crunch and Fruity Pebble. They also serve Boba teas.
Do you have a favorite ice cream, gelato or frozen yogurt place in Scottsdale that is not on the list? Feel free to add it to the comments!