Scottsdale is a fantastic food town. We are home to so many excellent restaurants that feature a variety of flavors and price points.
We have pulled together a list of some of our favorite things to eat in Scottsdale. This is just a partial list, but here goes…
- The Basil Chicken Sandwich at Zinc Bistro- Zinc Bistro is one of our favorite places for lunch and dinner and there are so many dishes we order over and over again. However, the Basil Chicken Sandwich is my hands-down favorite. The combination of the toasted bread, chicken, basil, mushrooms and brie is fantastic. Everyone I have introduced it to has loved it as well. And while you are at it, get an order of frites. They have a smoked paprika version or you can ramp it up and get truffle and parmesan.
- Soft Pretzels and Provolone Fondue at Culinary Dropout – The first time I had these, I was hooked. Out comes a basket of pretzel balls that are the perfect size for dipping into the cheese fondue.
- Prep’s Breakfast Sammie from Prep and Pastry – Prep and Pastry takes the modest breakfast sandwich to an all new level. It comes with scrambled eggs, cheese, spinach and tomatoes and in-house made bacon. But what makes it so special is their homemade English muffin. It is so light and fresh! The smashed potatoes on the side made it even better!
- Stetson Chopped Salad – Sadly, the original salad is no longer as Old Town Scottsdale’s Cowboy Ciao is no longer. The rows of Israeli couscous, pepitas, currants, arugula, salmon and more made it iconic. However, this unique and tasty salad lives on in a few other local establishments. The link has a list of where you can find one.
- Box Sushi at Pure Sushi – Rather than a traditional sushi roll, this sushi is layered and pressed into a box. When it is sliced, you can see the layers of fresh tuna, salmon, crab salad and rice. It is so good!
- A Bruschetta or Cheese Board at Postino Wine Cafe– While we do not have a specific favorite pick, the variety of tasty options makes Postino a favorite.
- Tableside Guacamole at Barrio Queen – This is a guacamole to be remembered. A cart is rolled up and you get to watch avocados turn into deliciously seasoned guacamole. It does not get any fresher than this!
- Yuzu Miso Marinated Black Cod and Roka Akor – I will end the list with this fantastic entree from Roka Akor. The black cod comes perfectly cooked after being grilled on the robata and is nestled within a miso leaf.
These are just a small number of things we love to eat in Scottsdale. Feel free to add yours in the comments!