– June 2016 Scottsdale Events –
It is hard to believe it is almost June! And even though the summer heat is coming, there are still plenty of things to do throughout the end of May and in June.
Here are a few events and happenings going on that might be of interest:
- Ballet in the Garden – May 17th through June 4th (Tuesday and Saturday performances) – Ballet Arizona and the Desert Botanical Garden have partnered to put on a one-of-a kind outdoor ballet performance called Round with the backdrop of the botanical gardens.
- Stradivarius: Origins and Legacy of the Greatest Violin Maker – Through June 5th – This compelling exhibit at the Musical Instrument Museum is closing on the 5th of June. Take a step back in time and learn about the history and artistry of these magnificent violins.
- Old Town Farmers’ Market – Saturdays through June 11th – The final weeks of the Old Town Farmers’ market are upon us. Head to Old Town to stock up on organic produce and other local specialties.
- Bite Nite at the Westin Kierland – June 11th – In its ninth year, Bite Nite supports fundraising for the ALS Association Arizona Chapter. Enjoy bites from top valley chefs while raising money for a great cause.
- Kierland Commons Summer Concert Series – Saturdays through June 28th – This well-loved concert series is back. From 7-9PM on Saturdays, enjoy and dance to live music including 80’s music, classic rock and Top 40.
- Summer Events at the Scottsdale Princess – All summer – Looking for a staycation or vacation that will please the whole family? Book a room at the Princess and enjoy all of the summer activities they have on tap, including water slides and the new pool called Sunset Beach, which has a beach! And even more special events are planned for the holiday weekends.
- Sand Sculptures in Carefree – Through August 31st – Sculptor Ray Villafane’s incredible sand sculptures will be on display in the Carefree Desert Gardens. And if you have some free time now, the artist will be making live appearances until May 25th in the Sanderson Lincoln Pavillion. Admission is free and if you have little ones, there is a brand new splash park to explore!
These are just a few things going on in and around Scottsdale in June. Feel free to add any other events in the comments section.