Scottsdale, Phoenix and the surrounding areas are full of fun and exciting things to do and see.
Whether you want to see the galleries of Old Town Scottsdale via the weekly “Art Walk”, or want to catch a Suns or Diamondbacks game or simply want to take a hike in one of our many local parks, there are plenty of choices. If you would like more local information or have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Old Town Scottsdale – The heart of downtown Scottsdale. Dozens of galleries and boutiques abound.
- Biltmore Fashion Park – Elegant, open-air Biltmore District shopping center featuring upscale shopping and dining.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square– Lovely, multi-story mall with Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Macy’s and more.
- Scottsdale Waterfront – Newer shopping and dining district located south of Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Kierland Commons – Charming open-air mall with many shopping and dining options. Retailers include Sur le Table, Barnes and Noble, Crate and Barrel, Banana Republic and many more.
- Scottsdale Quarter – Newer open-air mall with major retailers like Apple, Restoration Hardware and The Gap as well as many dining and entertainment options, including the iPic Theater.
- Carefree Town Center – Enjoy lovely art and boutiques and wonderful dining when you visit the town of Carefree. In addition to lots of Native American and Southwestern art, there is also a charming tea salon with a retail area.
- El Pedregal – High-end boutiques and galleries as well as dining just south of The Boulders Resort.
- Paradise Valley Mall – Traditional mall with Macy’s, Dillard’s, Sears and much more.
- Desert Ridge Marketplace – Over 1.2 million square feet of retail in North Phoenix, including Old Navy, DSW Shoe Warehouse, and more, and dining and entertainment options.
Culture and Entertainment:
- Old Town Scottsdale Art Walk – Every Thursday from 7-9PM, enjoy browsing Scottsdale’s phenomenal art galleries.
- Barrett Jackson – World’s Greatest Collector Car Event takes place in January.
- Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show – An annual Arabian Horse Show that takes place in Scottsdale’s WestWorld.
- Heard Museum – Three valley locations (Phoenix, Scottsdale and Surprise) featuring spectacular Southwestern art.
- Phoenix Art Museum – Over 17,000 works of art from all over the globe.
- The Musical Instrument Museum – A one-of-a-kind facility in North Phoenix that highlights music, instruments and musicians from all over the world.
- Taliesin West – The Western home of Frank Lloyd Wright. An architectural masterpiece.
- Rawhide Western Town – Experience Arizona in the 1880’s when you visit Rawhide. It is now located south of Phoenix at Wild Horse Pass.
- Phoenix Zoo – Come see and learn about animals from all over the world. A monkey exhibit allows you to get up close to squirrel monkeys as they frolic in their enclosure. A newer splash pad area leads to a lot of family fun.
- Desert Botanical Garden – Learn about desert flora and fauna as well see unique exhibits. The also have year-round events like live music in the garden and more.
Sports and Outdoor Pursuits:
- Baseball Spring Training – Come see many of your favorite baseball teams get ready for the new season! The complex at Salt River Fields for the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Colorado Rockies and Downtown Scottsdale is home to the San Francisco Giants. Other major league teams hold Spring Training in other parts of the Valley.
- Waste Management Phoenix Open – Annual professional golf tournament held at the TPC in Scottsdale in late January and early February.
- Hike Pinnacle Peak – Challenge yourself by hiking Pinnacle Peak in North Scottsdale.
- Hike Camelback Mountain – Get a workout hiking Camelback Mountain in Phoenix.
- Mc Dowell Sonoran Preserve – With almost 28,000 acres and 100 miles of trails, the Mc Dowell Sonoran Preserve has an experience for everyone. Walk, hike, bike or horseback ride through the preserve.
- South Mountain Preserve – Over 16,000 acres to explore in this South Phoenix preserve.
- Arizona Cardinals – Our local professional football team.
- Arizona Diamondbacks – Our local professional baseball team.
- Phoenix Suns– Our local professional basketball team.
- Arizona Coyotes – Our local professional hockey team.
- Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau – Great information on local events and happenings in Scottsdale.
- Phoenix Convention and Visitors Bureau – Great information on local events and happenings in Phoenix.
Fun Day Trips:
All of these cities and towns can be accessed within a couple of hours from Scottsdale. Do a day trip, or extend your stay and explore the area.
- ADOT Freeway Management System – Website with road condition information including traffic and closures.
- Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT)– Government website with links to traffic, planning, public transportation and more.
- Motor Vehicle Division – On the ADOT website with information on car registration and driver licensing.
- Valley Metro – Website with information on transportation throughout the Phoenix Valley, including light rail and bus service.
- Sky Harbor Airport – The Valley’s largest airport with domestic and international service.
- Scottsdale Airport – Airport servicing corporate and private aircraft.
- Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport – Southeast Valley airport servicing Allegiant Air and other airlines.