– Scottsdale Events in September 2016 –
Here are some things going on in and around Scottsdale during the month of September.
- Phoenix Cooks – September 3rd, 10AM to 3PM– Just in time for the long weekend, Phoenix Cooks is back again at the Westin Kierland. This food and drink event brings in top local restaurants while benefiting Banner Children’s.
- Whose Live Anyway – September 11 – The Whose Line is It Anyways? team is coming to the Mesa Arts Center for an interactive night of improv comedy. All ages welcome.
- Hall & Oates – September 14 – I got to see them perform a couple of years ago and it was a fantastic show. If you are a fan, this is one you do not want to miss. The concert will be at the Ak-Chin Pavillion in Phoenix.
- The Monkees – September 15 – Here is another concert that will take you back. The Monkees, with original members Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork, will be playing their hits at the Mesa Arts Center.
- Arizona Restaurant Week – September 16-25 – One of my favorite promotions is back. Over 100 local restaurants participate and offer three course prix fixe menus. Prices start at $33 per couple and top out at $44 per person. This is a fabulous way to test out some of our top local restaurants.
- Cave Creek’s Horny Toad Turns 40 – September 17th, 11AM to 6PM – The iconic Horny Toad in downtown Cave Creek is 40 years old and is having a party to celebrate. Food specials and live music await. And, feel free to don your best 1970’s look as they will be awarding prizes.
- Nature Connects Lego Exhibit at the Phoenix Zoo – September 17 – January 2 – Imagine over 1 million Lego bricks being used to build over 25 sculptures of animals and plants. In September and through the end of the year, you will be able to view all of them at the Phoenix Zoo. The Grand Opening celebration will take place September 16 & 17 from 4 – 7 PM.
- Slide Across America – September 23-25, Hours Vary -Imagine over 40 waterslides and other attractions all in one place. That is what Slide Across America is bringing to Salt River Fields in September. Plus, food trucks offering all types of cuisines will be onsite.
- Christoper Kimball of America’s Test Kitchen Live – September 22 – Spend an evening with Christopher Kimball at the Mesa Arts Center. Live demos, tastings and Q & A are all part of this interactive evening.
- Ballet Under the Stars – September 22 – 30 – This free event will take place at various valley locations at the end of the month. Enjoy exquisite ballet performances at these family-friendly events.
- Sedona Wine Fest – September 24- 25 – Head north to Sedona for a weekend of wine, food and music.
- Seussical – September 30 – October 30 – This show will take place at the Desert Stages theater and honors and recreates favorite characters and stories from Dr. Seuss.
Looking for more ideas? Here is a link to Phoenix Magazine’s Fall Arts Guide.
And, as always, feel free to post any events in the comments section.