– 2016 Halloween Events In and Around Scottsdale –
It is that time of year again… Halloween and Fall Festivals are coming to Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.
Here are some events going on around the Valley:
- MacDonald’s Ranch Annual Pumpkin Festival – October 1st-31st – It is back! This is one of my favorite Halloween/Fall events in Scottsdale. Head over to MacDonald’s Ranch and hop on a hayride and head out to pick your pumpkins. While you are there, grab a bite to eat, visit the petting zoo, run through the hay bale maze and so much more. (Closed Tuesdays)
- Pumpkin and Chili Festival at Schnepf Farms – October 1st – 30th – Weekends – Schnepf Farms will be hosting its annual event. Attendees can attempt the corn maze or hay bale maze, ride on many attractions, hop on a hayride, take in a show and more.
- Carefree’s Enchanted Pumpkin Garden – October 17th-31st – Come see the amazing and whimsical pumpkin carvings of Ray Villafane and his team. There are several events planned over the course of the exhibition, including watching Ray carve live and food and beverages are available for purchase from local vendors. This free event is not to be missed.
- The Great Pumpkin Festival at the Desert Botanical Garden – October 21st -23rd – Kids 12 and under can take a hayride and pick out a pumpkin. Other activities include games and pumpkin decorating and there will be multiple live music performances.
- Howl-O-Ween at the Phoenix Zoo – October 28th-29th – The Phoenix Zoo is going all out again for Halloween. These family-friendly evenings will feature a dance party, trick or treating, magic shows, character visits, a jack-o-lantern path and so much more.
- City of Scottsdale’s Fall Festival – October 29th – The event will take place at Eldorado Park on the evening of the 29th. There will be bounce houses, game booths, live entertainment and trick or treating.
- Cave Creek Wicked – October 29th – Downtown Cave Creek will be the site of an all-day Halloween celebration. From 11AM to 4PM, there will be several family-friendly events and as they day turns into the evening, there are pub crawls and bar crawls for the grown-ups.
- Nightmare on Princess Drive: Quarantined at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess– October 29th – This 21 and over event will feature a DJ and a lively costume contest.
And for those of you with strong constitutions who love to be frightened and scream your way through the season, here is a website that lists all of the haunted houses, zombie events and more: Arizona Haunted Houses
This is just a partial list, so if you have any events to add, please feel free to do so in the comment section.
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Event dates, times and pricing subject to change.