– Events in and Around Scottsdale AZ – May 2016 –
Lots of things are coming up in and around Scottsdale in May. Here is a list of some of them:
- Annie at ASU Gammage – May 4th – May 8th – The perennial family favorite, Annie, is coming to ASU Gammage theater in early May.
- Run for the Roses Kentucky Derby Party – May 7th – The Scottsdale Princess and Bourbon Steak are hosting a Kentucky Derby event. Put on your best dress and hat or suit and head on over for a Derby-inspired event with food and drinks and of course, a viewing of the race.
- “Mimosa Mornings” and Art at the Hermosa Inn – May 7th – Create your own painting while being guided by artist Carrie Curran and enjoying mimosas and pastries at the beautiful Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley.
- Journey and the Doobie Brothers – May 14th – Sing along to your favorite hits from these two top bands. The concert will be taking place at the Ak-Chin Pavillion in Phoenix.
- Schnepf Farm’s Peach Festival – May 14th & 15th and May 21st & 22nd – The Peach Festival is back. Head on down to Schnepf Farm in Queen Creek and celebrate all things peach. Pick your own, take a hay ride, eat peach pies and pancakes and so much more.
- Music in the Garden at the Desert Botanical Garden – Weekly on Friday Nights – Each Friday evening in May, there will be a concert at the Desert Botanical Garden. Styles include jazz, blues and latin this month.
- Mc Cormick Stillman Railroad Park Concert Series – Weekly on Sunday Nights – Staying on the live music theme, these free concerts on Sunday evenings are always fun.
- Arizona Restaurant Week – May 20th – May 29th – Arizona Restaurant Week is back. This is a wonderful way to try out some new restaurants at amazing prices. Three course tasting menus at top local restaurants will be offered for $33 or $44 per person.
- AJ’s Summer Wine Spectacular – May 21st – AJ’s is putting on this wine tasting event at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts to benefit the Scottsdale Cultural Council. Choose from dozens of wines, listen to live music, bid on auction items and enjoy the food selection.
- Cave Creek Balloon Festival – May 28th – This is one of my personal favorites. Head up to Cave Creek for an event-filled evening including live music, a kids zone, fireworks and of course, the beautiful glowing hot air balloons.
This is just a partial list, so feel free to add any other May events in the comment section.