– Scottsdale Golf Communities – 2013 Real Estate Sales Report-
Here is a review of 2013 home sales various Scottsdale and area golf communities. Included are a large number of communities located in North Scottsdale, Cave Creek and Carefree. The analysis looks at items like number of sales in 2013, average sales price, average price per square foot and so on.
As with last year, the most affordable communities to purchase homes in were Tatum Ranch and Dove Valley Ranch. Both of these communities are located in Cave Creek, just to the west of Scottsdale. Average sales prices for 2013 for these two communities were in the $290-$325K range. Homes in Tatum Ranch and Dove Valley Ranch also had the shortest average time on market compared to the other golf communities.
Looking at the communities on the higher end of the price spectrum, you will find Silverleaf, Estancia and Whisper Rock. All three communities had an average sales price in excess of $2 million. Silverleaf came in with the highest average price per square foot with $454.94.
Other Items of Note:
- As a rule of thumb in real estate, the higher the prices of homes, the longer it takes for the homes to sell as there are fewer qualified purchasers for these types of homes.
- We saw less discounting off of asking price in 2013 as the market saw improvement. In the Rancho Manana community, the average sales price actually exceeded the asking price last year.
- The highest priced sale of 2013 was in Estancia. An estate sold for $7,200,000.
- As to the shortest days on market, Tatum Ranch came in the lowest with an average of 54 days.
- Desert Mountain came in with the highest average days on market at 341 as it took quite a while for some of the most expensive homes to sell.
Disclaimer: * Days on market is cumulative days on market. Data and information was pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 1/1/2014 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale home sales in Scottsdale AZ in 2013.Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2014 Heather Tawes Nelson| Joyce Tawes