– Scottsdale Golf Communities – 2012 Real Estate Sales Report–
Below is a chart I put together that looks at sales performance by golf community in 2012. I selected a large number of North Scottsdale, Cave Creek and Carefree communities and compared them on things like average sales price, average price per square foot and so on.
The most affordable communities to purchase homes in were both located in Cave Creek. They were Tatum Ranch and Dove Valley Ranch. The 2012 average sales price was in the $250-$290K range for these two. These communities also enjoyed the lowest average cumulative days on market as demand was high for these types of homes.
On the higher end, Estancia and Silverleaf both were standouts in 2012. Both came in with average sales prices in excess of $2 million. Estancia had the highest average price per square foot of all of the communities with $453.19. Silverleaf was next with $365.40 average price per square foot.
Other Items of Note:
- In general, as the prices of the homes increase, so does the average cumulative days on market as there are fewer buyers for these types of properties.
- Another thing is we tend to see more price flexibility in the communities with higher priced homes. However, regardless of price point, when a good home comes onto the market and is priced correctly, we see those homes sell more quickly.
- Desert Highlands was home to the highest priced sale in 2012. An estate sold for $8,200,000.
- The community of Grayhawk, which comes in somewhere around the middle in terms of average sales price, saw homes sell quite quickly in 2012. The average days on market was 82, illustrating what a desirable community it is.
- Desert Mountain had the highest average days on market with 417. I would base this on the fact that Desert Mountain had quite a few trophy properties that ended up selling in 2012.
Disclaimer: * Days on market is cumulative days on market. Data and information was pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 3/11/2013 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale home sales in Scottsdale AZ in 2012.Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2013 Heather Tawes Nelson