– April 2022 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Things cooled off a bit for the Scottsdale real estate market in April. Sales activity was still very strong, but it was a little slower than last month. And the best news of all is that we ended the month with a jump in inventory!
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – APRIL 2022
Every month we track the four items below:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – The number of homes actively for sale at the end of the month.
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – The number of UCB contracts there were at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – The number of pending sales there were at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The number of home sales that took place that month.
APRIL 2022 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory has been climbing since January of this year. On a very positive note for buyers and the market in general, the number of homes for sale at the end of April was up 23.1% over the end of March.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts were up in April after trending lower during the first part of 2022.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales cooled off slightly, closing the month out at 379.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: The number of home sales fell by about 5% compared to March. However, this was still a decent performance.
This next section has two more sales metrics that we track monthly:
Percent Change Month Over Month – Here, we compare the performance of a given month to the month that directly proceeded it. For example, the number of UBC contracts was up 5% between March and April.
Sales Price to List Price – This next sales metric looks at home prices and what homes sold for. In a balanced market, you would typically see an average discount off of asking prices, but in this market, buyers on average paid a premium of 2.7% over list price for homes.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Search Scottsdale AZ Homes for Sale
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 5/1/2022. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2022 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes