December 2021 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Home sales were level between November and December. However, we saw significant drops in new contracts and inventory fell even further.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – DECEMBER 2021
Each month, we take a look at the four items below:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – The number of homes for sale at the end of the month.
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – The number of UCB contracts at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – The number of pending sales at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The number of homes sold.
DECEMBER 2021 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was down another 20 to close out December at 356. This is the lowest we have seen and this is the first time this figure has dropped into the 300’s. This will make it even harder on buyers.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCBs fell 40.6% to the lowest we have seen them in the past year. However, a drop is to be expected becuase of the holidays in December coupled with very few homes for sale.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales also fell to their lowest level of the pasr year. Again, I would attribute this to the holidays and very little inventory.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Sales remained level in December with 497 homes sold.
Below are two more items we use to track market activity.
Percent Change Month Over Month – This metric compares activity from one month to the month prior. For example, the number of homes for sale fell 20.8% between November and December.
Sales Price to List Price – This metric looks at what homes are selling for relative to what their asking prices were. In December, homes on average sold for 99.3% of list price, meaning buyers are not seeing large discounts in this market.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 1/1/2022. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2022 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes