October is upon us and that means new things to do in Scottsdale and around the Valley.
Here are some ideas for things to do in and around Scottsdale for the month of October.
If you are looking for Halloween and Fall Festival events, please check out this post I wrote.
This post will cover non-Halloween events going on…
- Hamilton – Through October 10th – The world-famous show is playing at ASU Gammage this month.
- Ballet Under the Stars – October 1st – 2nd – This free event will highlight some beautiful ballet in an outdoor setting. The locations for the weekend are in Goodyear and Phoenix.
- Jurassic Fight Night – October 8th 9th – Get transported back in time for a fight night. Each night, dinosaurs will face off to see who was the more fierce competitor millions of years ago.
- Scottsdale Philharmonic – October 10th – The Scottsdale Philharmonic will be performing at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. They will be playing several pieces from the masters.
- Maricopa County Home Show – October 15th – 17th – WestWorld is hosting the latest edition of the Maricopa County Home Show. You can attend classes, participate in hands-on projects, learn more about home innovations and design, plus so much more.
- The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Chamionships – October 23rd – This is the 10th year of the polo party. Not only will you see amazing polo, there are cars, fashion, performances and so much more.
- Concerts at the Talking Stick Resort – This month brings some great concerts including Christopher Cross, ZZ Top, John Fogarty, The Psychadelic Furs and more.
- Fashion’s Subversives at the Phoenix Art Musuem– Through November 28th – Explore the daring and cutting edge (at the time) looks from famous fashion icons like Yves St. Laurent, Diane von Furstenburg, Paco Rabanne, Balenciaga and more.
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit – Through November – This highly anticipated exhibit is finally open! Learn more about Van Gogh and his life and then step into a fully immersive animated art experience. The experience lasts 40 minutes and you can stay as long as you want.
- Wonderspaces Arizona – Wonderspaces, tucked into a space at Fashion Square, always amazes. This interactive art experience is well worth the visit.
- Live Music at The District in Desert Ridge – Friday and Saturday nights – All kinds of musical genres will be on the stage in August and beyond. Visit the website to see who will be playing.
- Scottsdale’s Museum of the West – If you have not had a chance to visit Western Spirit in Old Town Scottsdale, it should be added to your list. It is home to an impressive collection of western art, history and artifacts.
As always, if you have other events going on that you would like to highlight, please feel free to add them to the comment section.
Disclaimer: Please check with the event venue to make sure the event is happening as scheduled. Some of these events require a paid ticket and may have safety restrictions in place.