-September 2021 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Home sales were up slightly at the end of September, but we did see a decline in UCB contracts and pendings.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – SEPTEMBER 2021
Each month, we look at the following four sales metrics:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – How many homes were on the market at the end of the month.
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – How many homes were pending at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – How many homes sold that month.
SEPTEMBER 2021 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was up slightly which is good news, but we definitely need more homes on the market to balance things out.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCBs fell over 14% between the end of August and September. This is the lowest we have seen this figure in the past year. This could be due to low inventory and higher housing prices as well as some seasonality.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: After seeing a jump in August, pending sales were down again in September, but not dramatically.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Home sales were up in slightly in Sepetmber, but we did not quite hit that 500 homes sold threshold.
Now we will take a look at two more things we track on a monthly basis:
Percent Change Month Over Month – This shows us how things are tracking month-over-month. For instance, the number of home sales was up 2.1% in September over August.
Sales Price to List Price – This shows the strength of the market. If homes are selling close to asking prices (or even above!), the market is quite competitive. In September, we came in at 98.7% which means that on average, buyers only saw a discount of 1.3% off of asking price.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 10/1/2021. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2021 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes