-August 2021 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
While home sales fell to the lowest level we have seen in the past year, pending sales saw a decent uptick in August and UCBs held their course.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – AUGUST 2021
When we pull our monthly reports, we look at the following four items:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – The number of homes for sale at the end of the month.
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – The number of homes in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – The number of homes in pending status at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – The number of homes sold during the month.
AUGUST 2021 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes on the market declined between July and August. The demand for more homes for sale is evident in the under $1 million price point where sales to listings in August was over 135%.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): The number of UCB contracts was more or less level with the previous month.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales jumped 12.7% between July and August. This is a positive indicator for September sales figures.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Sales fell to the lowest level we have seen in the past year. I would attribute this to some seasonality as well as low inventory and higher prices.
Below are two more items we track monthly:
Percent Change Month Over Month – Here we look at each of the sales metrics and compare the current month’s performance with the previous month’s. For example, home sales were down 9.2% between July and August.
Sales Price to List Price – This shows you how much homes are selling for on average compared to the average list price. In August, it was 98.7%, so buyers on average saw a discount of 1.3% off on asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 9/1/2021. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2021 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes