– 2020 Holiday Celebrations in and Around Scottsdale –
The holidays are here and this is a super fun time to live in Scottsdale and the Valley. There are so many events going on, it can be hard to choose which ones to attend! But this year, there are some changes to make sure we all stay safe!
Below is a collection of events going on now and in December.
- Christmas at The Princess – November 20th – December 31st – The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is offering all kinds of holiday treats and experiences, with safety protocols in mind. Many of your favorites are back including ice skating, a train ride, light displays, character appearances, s’mores, Santa and more. Here is the calendar of events so that you can plan your visit.
- Las Noches de las Luminarias at the Desert Botanical Garden – Weekends November 27th – December 31st – Enjoy the 8,000 hand-lit luminaria lanterns this year with reduced capacity. Tickets must be purchased in advance, so make sure to shop sooner rather than later. Enjoy the flickering glow, live entertainment and refreshments as you stroll through the darkened desert.
- Holiday Lights at Salt River Fields – November 23rd – December 31st – Be amazed by over 5 million lights over the 1.2 mile course lined with Holiday Lights timed with music.
- Mc Cormick Stillman Railroad Park Holiday Lights – November 27th – January 3rd – This year will be a little different, but you will still get to enjoy the entire experience! Tickets will be sold for one hour reserved blocks and capacity will be reduced. This means no or very short lines, so you will likely be able to do the train ride more than once!
- Scottsdale’s Scottsdazzle – November 27th – January 1st – Scottsdazzle is back and is offering a large number of fun holiday events to celebrate. There will be lights and decorations all over Old Town and they are offering things like Wine Nights, movies, Sip & Shops and so much more. Enjoy!
- Holidays at Scottsdale Quarter – November 27th – January 3rd – Scottsdale Quarter has lots of safe holiday cheer this year. Glowing holiday lights will be in place at the end of the month and don’t miss the Santa Social on November 30th. Contactless photos with Santa start on November 27th, and reservations are suggested.
- Phoestivus- Online Sundays in December– This year, you can shop over 100 talented vendors online. This is a great way to support local small businesses!
- The Nutcracker with the Ballet Arizona – December 12th and 19th – Although we cannot see it live this year, Ballet Arizona will be streaming two performances of The Nutcracker. They are also offering a “Capture the Magic at Home” add-on that includes a Nutcracker ornament, cookies, autographed pointe shoes and more.
- Desert Ridge Holiday Events – November 21st – December 31st – Desert Ridge is offering a combination of in person and online events this year. The nightly snowfall will still happen and there will be some live musical performances. This year they have a Starry and Birght tunnel experience as well as virtual Santa photos.
- The Polar Express- Now through January 3rd– The Polar Express is in for 2020, but at 30% capacity. Santa will be there with his mask on and riders can enjoy a magical ride to the North Pole.
- World of Illumination – Now through January 3rd – This incredible display of over 2 million lights synchronized to music is back. Drive through one of two locations – Tempe and Glendale. You pay by the carload and this year you have to pre-purchase tickets online.
- Phoenix Zoo’s Zoolights – Now through January 31st – Zoolights is an annual pastime. This year, they have designated walk-through and drive-through evenings. Whichever way you choose, make sure to get your tickets early!
As always, this is just a partial list, so feel free to add any other events in the comment section.
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Events subject to change. Some events are free, while others have an admission fee or items for purchase.