– September 2020 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
And we have another atypical, but positive sales month for Scottsdale in September. I have been doing this monthly report since 2007 and this year has been the most interesting that I have seen.
Typically, we see a slowdown starting in late summer and continue throughout the end of the year. However, low inventory and pent-up demand are keeping sales at high numbers as we move into the final month of the year.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – SEPTEMBER 2020
We track each of these items on a monthly basis:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – How many homes were on the market at the end of the month.
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – How many pending sales there were at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – How many homes sold that month.
SEPTEMBER 2020 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Thankfully, inventory was up 6.5% at the end of September. However, we were still at less than 1,000 homes for sale, which is very low.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB contracts jumped 12.6% between the end of August and September. This is quite unusual to see this increase at this time of year.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were down slightly, but still strong at this point in the year.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Home sales moved back up in September, closing out at 548. Last September, there were 423 sales.
And now we will move on to two more metrics we look at monthly:
Percent Change Month Over Month – The first metric looks at how things change on a monthly basis. For instance, sales were up 3.1% between August and September.
Sales Price to List Price – The second metric compares sales prices compared to what they were on the market for. In September, this figure came out to 97.7%. On average, buyers saw a 2.3% discount off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 10/1/2020. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2020 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes