– Scottsdale Things to Do in July –
Usually, this is the time of the year where I pull together a list of Fourth of July events around the Valley. Although some towns have canceled their fireworks and celebrations, many places are revamping and offering drive-in firework displays! Here is a link to 4th of July Fireworks Around Phoenix for 2020.
There are two opportunities in Scottsdale to get up close to a firework display:
- Scottsdale’s 7th Annual 4th of July Celebration at WestWorld – For $25 per carload, you can experience the fireworks that are slated to start at 9PM. Before the fireworks, be sure to check out the Parade of Heroes, which honors our front-line workers, first responders and medical personnel.
- Scottsdale Princess Fourth of July Freedom Fest – This is the 10th Anniversary of this fun celebration and it runs from July 2nd – 4th. In order to attend, you must be a guest of the hotel or have had a meal at one of the many restaurants on-site. There will be fireworks nightly, a vintage air show, movies on the lawn and more. There are also drive-in movie options where you pay per car.
Other Things to Do in and Around Scottsdale in July
- Drive-in Movies at the Scottsdale Princess – July 2nd – 4th – Three family-friendly movies will screen as we head into the 4th of July. Price is per carload and includes the movie, some popcorn and cotton candy as well as four waters.
- Art + Chocolate Summer Spectacular Gold Palette ArtWalk – July 9th – Stroll the streets of Old Town and explore our top local art galleries. Enjoy chocolate tastings or other special treats.
- Butterfly Brushstrokes at Night – July 17th – The Desert Botanical Garden is back open and they are offering an evening painting class. All the supplies are included and you will walk away with your own masterpiece.
- Arizona Boardwalk (formerly OdySea) – The Arizona Boardwalk is now open with safety protocols in place. Most of the attractions are open, but you will want to check and see if reservations are required for a specific attraction.
- Great Wolf Lodge – The Great Wolf Lodge is open. Cool off in one of the many indoor and outdoor pools and enjoy all of the water park activities.
- Visit the Musical Instrument Museum – The MIM is back and open. Enjoy learning about music from all over the globe.
- Top Golf Scottsdale – Ready to work on your golf game while having fun? Top Golf Scottsdale is open! And when you are ready for a full round, local courses are open.
- Take a Hike (on a cooler day!) – Whether you want to explore the McDowell Sonoran Preserve or tackle Pinnacle Peak or Camelback, the trails are waiting for you!
- Visit a Lake or River – There are lots of bodies of water located around the Phoenix Metro area. Take a look at this list and see which one or ones most appeal to you.
If you have any other ideas, we would love to hear about them in the comments!