Ways to Keep Busy While Staying At Home
A large number of us are now working or staying at home and are practicing social distancing. While some of us have started tackling long-overdue projects and wish lists, others of us are looking for some additional ideas to pass the time.
So, we have pulled together a collection of ideas and resources for you to explore:
- Watch Livestreams of your favorite artists and symphonies – Many artists are turning to Instagram and other online portals to showcase their work and connect with fans. This list from Stubhub contains all kinds of music genres and artists. Tune in to your favorites or discover some new ones. Here is another livestream list to explore as well.
- Find New Comedians and Laugh – Vulture has put together a list of new comedian suggestions based on comedians you already know and like. Some of the content skews toward adults, but there are plenty of options that will appeal to all ranges.
- Reconnect Virtually from Tulum and Playa del Carmen – AZULIK has put together a week’s worth of ways to reconnect with yourself – think yoga, music and guided meditations.
- Travel the World from Home – Travelzoo pulled together a list of 20 places you can tour or watch performances from all over the globe. Tour the Sistine Chapel, the San Diego Zoo, watch a safari, explore the Sydney Opera House and so much more.
- Host a Family/Friend Get Together Online – Head over to Zoom, Google Hangouts or your preferred service and set up a time to virtually “hang out and catch up.” Last Friday, I had an online meetup with friends from all over the country. It was great to see their faces and hear about their lives. I know of other families that have had virtual game nights and dinner parties. The options are endless!
- Get Your Workout On – One of the best things we can do for ourselves right now is to work out. Whether that means a quiet walk outside or a full-on cardio session, you have choices. The link has a list of streaming services that offer all kinds of workouts. I personally use the Aaptiv app and love it, Many of these have free trials so you can find your favorites. Here is a second list that includes many of the major fitness chains that are offering free online workouts to the public.
- Explore Museums from Your Couch – Here are virtual tours of some of the most prolific museums all over the globe.
- Clean Up and De-Clutter Your Home – Now is the perfect time to go through your junk drawer, your closet and any other places that might be ready for a de-clutter. Not only will you appreciate the extra space and organization, but you will most likely also have lots of items you can donate to worthy charities when you are done.
- Have Kids?
While there are quite a few things included in this list to keep you entertained, it is always OK to just relax, take it easy, watch TV or snuggle up with a great book!
Please feel free to add any other ideas to the comment section.