We are in the final three months of the year! As temperatures cool down the number of events starts to pick up.
Besides that jam-packed lineup, there are several non-Halloween and Fall Festival events going on in Scottsdale and Greater Phoenix. Here are some of them:
- The McDowell Sonoran Preserve Turns 25! – Events all month – A long list of events celebrating the McDowell Sonoran Preserve are on tap to celebrate its 25th anniversary. There will be trailhead dedications, lectures, hikes and so much more.
- Mesmerica 360 at the Arizona Science Center – Select dates through October 26th – This visual and musical immersive journey has had rave reviews. We are planning to go in October and look forward to it.
- Phoenix Zoo ZooFari – October 4th – Come support the zoo at this fun and casual, yet elegant, event. Enjoy food and drink, live music and more!
- Arizona State Fair – October 4th – 27th – The state fair is back and with it comes a lot of fun, fair food (and a healthy food section!), concerts, community performers, rides, esports, animals and so much more! Here is the fair calendar.
- Wonderspaces Arizona – Elsewhere – Opens October 12th – The second installation of Wonderspaces will be unveiled on October 12th. This one is called Elsewhere and its motive is to make viewers question their realities. This is done through artwork, interactive exhibitions and virtual reality. The last installation was fantastic and we look forward to seeing what is new! (Pro tip: They have discounted pre-sale tickets on sale now!)
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park’s Railfair – October 12th – 13th – Immerse yourself in all things railroad. Examine vintage railroad equipment and marvel at the extensive model train exhibits. Enthusiasts can take a walking tour as well as attend special presentations. Fun for all ages!
- Tour de Scottsdale -October 13th – This cycling event benefits the McDowell Sonoran Preserve and offers 70 and 30 mile ride options for participants.
- Arizona Taco Festival – October 12th – 13th – This taco festival will take over WestWorld. Tacos from dozens of local restaurants and food trucks will be available. Live music, lucha libre matches, taco and chili pepper eating contests, a chihuahua pageant and so much more will be going on.
- Fall Plant Sale at the Desert Botanical Garden – October 19th – 20th – The Desert Botanical Garden will have over 30,000 plants for sale during this event. Plant experts will be on hand to help you and to answer any questions.
- Phoenix Magazine’s Best of the Valley Awards – October 23rd– Head over to the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts and sample food and drinks from some of the winners. Live performances will make the event even more fun.
As always, this is just a partial list of all of the amazing things going on in Scottsdale and around the Valley in October. Feel free to add any other events in the comments section.