– Scottsdale Events May 2019 –
As we head out of the high season, the Valley scene is still packed with lots of events. Here are some ones we selected that might be of interest.
- 🏇 Kentucky Derby Viewing Party at the Scottsdale Princess – May 4th – Bourbon Steak will be hosting a lawn party for the annual Run for the Roses horse race. Live music, games and of course, mint juleps will abound.
- 🎸The Phoenix Symphony Plays Led Zeppelin– May 10th – This should be fantastic. The Phoenix Symphony, along with a rock band, will perform Led Zeppelin’s greatest hits.
- 🧵 Mama’s Makers Market – May 11th – Local Trade is holding this market to showcase our local artisans. Shop for “mama” or yourself. Offerings will include art, jewelry, personal care items, jewelry, decor and more!
- 🍾 Mimosas and Monet – May 11th – Experience the beauty of The Hermosa Inn while sipping on a mimosa and creating a step-by-step painting with the Carrie Curran team.
- 🌵 Eroica – The Phoenix Ballet at the Desert Botanical Garden – May 14th – June 1st – Ballet Arizona will be performing intricate and enchanting choreography with the desert in the background.
- 🍳 Arizona Restaurant Week – May 17th – 26th – This is a great way to get to know some of our super restaurants around the area while dining at a discount. Each location will offer a prix fixe menu and there are options from very casual all the way up to fine dining.
- 🍷 The Art of Wine and Tastes of Summer – May 18th – Over forty hand selected wines will be available to taste as you support Scottsdale Arts. AJ’s is providing the wine and nibbles and there will be live music and an auction.
- 😂 Bill Engvall – May 18th – Bill Engvall will be in town to share his comical stories and quick wit at the Talking Stick Resort.
- 🦎Wildman Phil’s Animal Adventures at the Cave Creek Museum – May 19th – Have the little ones come to meet some of our desert animal friends up close and personal with Wildman Phil.
- 🎤 Free Concerts at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park – Through June 30th – Sunday nights will be full of live music at the Railroad Park. All kinds of musical genres are represented
- 🖼️ Wonderspaces “Point of View” – Through July 21st – This new interactive and immersive art experience can be found at Scottsdale Fashion Square. We had the opportunity to go and were amazed. This 13 installation exhibit is sure to delight and fascinate.
As always, this is a partial list. Please feel free to add any others in the comment section.
Disclaimer: Events, times and dates subject to change.