Scottsdale Events – August 2018
The high temperatures are upon us and with that, things tend to slow down around the Valley. With that in mind, I am going to pull together a more general “inside-oriented” Things to Do in Scottsdale post this month.
- Bowlero North Scottsdale just opened in the 101/Mayo complex. Spend an afternoon or evening bowling in the modern facilities with an arcade. There are specials throughout the week. $2.22 Tuesday anyone?
- If you are more inclined towards the links, head on over to Bowlero’s neighbor, NDoor Golf. Virtually play over 100 courses in air-conditioned comfort. For the non-golfers, there are lots of screens streaming various sporting events, plus food and beverages.
- Catch a stand-up comedy act at Rick Bronson’s House of Comedy on High Street in North Phoenix.
- Let the kids or grandkids cool off at one of the local splash pads around the area.
- Treat yourself to a movie experience and refreshments at the iPic Theater at Scottsdale Quarter.
- Head down to the Arizona Science Center in downtown Phoenix. Visit the planetarium, take in the exhibits and watch immersive movies in the five-screen theater.
- Spend an afternoon or evening perusing the current exhibits at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Get creative at Pinspiration on High Street. Taking inspiration from the many items on Pinterest, Pinspiration offers several artsy projects for adults as well as children.
- Once the sun sets, head over to Top Golf for some evening fun and entertainment. Hit some balls, enjoy some food and drink and socialize with friends and family.
- Book a staycation at one of these fantastic local resorts:
- Cool off at the Ice Den in Scottsdale. They offer plenty of opportunities for public skate as well as a Friday night skate with a DJ.
- View and experience American Indian art and exhibits at the Heard Museum.
- Interested in music? The MIM (Musical Instrument Museum) is a fantastic way to enjoy music from all over the world. Plus, they have an amazing lineup of live music performances.
As always, this is just a short list of things going on in and around Scottsdale. Please feel free to add any others in the comment section.