– January 2018 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Here is how the Scottsdale real estate market fared during the first month of 2018.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – JANUARY 2018
The chart below shows the past year of real estate activity in Scottsdale. For this report, we track four different items on a monthly basis:
– Single-family homes for sale – The homes for sale are seen on red line.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – UCBs are represented by the green line.*
– Pending home sales – Pending sales are represented by purple line.*
– Home Sales – Sales are represented by the blue line.
JANUARY 2018 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: After the seasonal dip at the end of the year, the number of homes for sale was back up over 2,000 by the end of January.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCB listings saw a healthy 34.2% jump to just under 300 by the end of the month.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: We also saw another healthy jump in pending sales as the year got off to a start.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Sales were down a little bit between December and January. This a seasonal dip we see as buyer activity falls over the holiday season. However, 378 sales was a solid figure for the month.
This next part covers two other things we track related to the Scottsdale housing market.
The top section is how each of the sales metrics performed in relation to the prior month. For instance, pending sales were up 24.7% at the end of January compared to the end of December.
The bottom section contains sales price to list price. This tells you what homes sold for compared to what their listed price was. In January, it was 95.8%. That means that on average homes sold for 4.2% less than their list prices.
January’s sales activity got 2018 off to a nice start. And with the uptick in pendings and UCBs, February is on track to have a solid month.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 2/1/2018. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2018 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes