– September 2017 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
September was another good month for sales activity. Plus, pendings were up at the end of the month.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – SEPTEMBER 2017
Below is a chart that shows the last year of home sales activity in Scottsdale. Four items are being tracked in this report:
– Single-family homes for sale are shown with the red line.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) are shown with the green line.*
– Pending home sales are shown with the purple line.*
– Home Sales are shown with the blue line.
SEPTEMBER 2017 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was up over 5% between the end of September and the end of August. Typically, we see this number fall or stay level due to seasonality.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): This figure jumped 12.4% compared to last month, indicating ongoing sales activity.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending home sales fell slightly to 248. This is below the twelve month average of 286 pendings.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Sales fell almost 15% month-over-month to 373. This is the lowest we have seen sales since February of this year. But, again, we are in a seasonally slower time of year.
This next chart shows additional data on Scottsdale home sales.
The top section tracks how the four things we are tracking change when looking at the previous month. For instance, pending sales were down 3.1% in September when compared to August.
The lower section is Sales Price to List Price. In other words, how much did homes on average sell for when compared to their average listing prices. In September, sales price to list price came in at 95.6%. Looking at it from a buyer’s perspective, buyers saw an average discount of 4.4% off of asking prices.
September ended up being a decent month for Scottsdale home sales and the uptick in UCB listings was a positive.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 10/1/2017. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2017 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes