– Scottsdale Events October 2016 –
It is hard to believe October is upon us! And with the cooler temperatures come lots of events and festivals.
- October 1 – Chile Pepper Festival – Delight in all things chile at this Roosevelt Row event. Enjoy foods made with chiles, live music, cooking demonstrations, margaritas and more.
- Ocotber 1 – 31 : MacDonald’s Ranch Pumpkin Festival : Mac Donald’s Ranch is back with its annual festival! Open everyday, except for Tuesdays, visitors can pick their pumpkins, take a hayride, go through the hay maze, visit the petting zoo, eat some BBQ and more.
- October 5 – Best of Phoenix A’Fare: The Phoenix New Times is hosting the Best of Phoenix A’Fare at the Westin Kierland. Enjoy food and drinks from 40 top local restaurants and live entertainment. And, proceeds will go toward The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- October 5 – Twyla Tharp 50th Anniversary – An exciting evening will be had at the Mesa Arts Center as 50 years of Twyla Tharp’s dances and dancers hit the stage.
- October 6-10 – Scottsdale International Film Festival – The 16th Annual Film Festival is back with screenings at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts and the Harkins Shea 14 Theater. See the website for a list of all of the films.
- October 8 – Oktoberfest for Parkinson’s – Head over to High Street in Phoenix to enjoy beer, food, music and friends at this annual event.
- October 8-9 – Uncommon Markets – This art festival features works from fine art to original works with a fun twist. The event will take place at the Salt River Fields at Talking Stick monthly after the October opening event.
- October 14 – Taste of the Town – Another great food event is coming to Scottsdale Quarter and this one benefits the Muscular Dystrophy Association,, Enjoy food and wine as well as a silent auction and raffle.
- October 15-16 – Arizona Taco Festival -The 7th Annual Taco Festival is back and will be taking place at Scottsdale’s Salt River Fields. Come sample the best tacos from all over the Valley and enjoy live music, taco competitions and so much more.
- October 15 – 16 – Willie Nelson & Family – Willie Nelson will be playing at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix for two nights.
- October 18-23 – The Sound of Music – One of the most popular musicals of all time is coming to ASU Gammage.
- October 21 – Empty Bowls – This wonderful event at Harold’s in Cave Creek benefits the Foothills Food Bank and Resource Center. Participants select a hand-crafted bowl and fill it with pasta. Once they have enjoyed their lunch, the bowl is theirs to keep.
As always, this is just a small list of things going on in and around Scottsdale in October. Please feel free to add any others into the comments section.