– Scottsdale Events for August 2016 –
Summer is moving along and with that comes a whole new set of things to do in August.
Here is a list of some upcoming events and performances in and around Scottsdale that may be of interest.
- AZ Cardinals Training Camp – Many dates in August – The Arizona Cardinals will be back in training camp starting July 29th at the University of Phoenix stadium. There will be sixteen open practices and admission and parking are free. Come see the Cards play before their 2016 season kicks off.
- Jay Leno – August 5th – Jay Leno is on the road with a stand up tour and will be performing at the Talking Stick Resort.
- The Piano Guys – August 5th – A YouTube sensation, The Piano guys take current and classic songs and reimagine them with the piano and cello and more. They will be performing at the Comerica Theater.
- Maks and Val: Our Way – August 9th- Are you a Dancing With The Stars fan? If so, brothers Maks and Val will be in the Valley performing a show based on their lives at the Comerica Theater.
- Kitten Pop Up Event – August 13th – 14th – Looking for a new member of the family? Over these two days at Scottsdale Quarter, the Arizona Animal Welfare League will be putting on a kitten and cat adoption event.
- Adele – August 16th – 17th – Adele is bringing her stunning voice and performances to the Valley for two nights. She will be performing at the Talking Stick resort.
- Fitz’s Supper Club – August 29th – Larry Fitzgerald is once again holding this annual event that benefits the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund. This year, the comedy event with a full dinner service is being held at Dominick’s Steakhouse.
- Phoenix Cooks! – September 3rd – So this one is at the beginning of September, but you will want to get your Phoenix Cooks! tickets sooner rather than later. Top chefs from all over the valley will be at the Westin Kierland with great food to taste. Plus, proceeds from the event and the raffle will benefit Banner Children’s.
- Flashlight Tours at the Desert Botanical Garden – Thursdays and Saturdays through September 3rd – This is the last full month to get out and explore the desert at night at the Desert Botanical Garden. Special discovery stations engage children and adults as they move through the exhibits.
As always, this is just a partial list of things going on. Feel free to add any others in the comment section.