– Scottsdale Events – January 2016 –
As we head into a new year and the high season, the number of things going on in and around Scottsdale is on the rise.
Here are a few of them that are coming up next month:
- On January 8th and 9th, the Phoenix Symphony will be putting on three performances featuring Mozart selections.
- On January 10th, join the South Scottsdale Home Tour from Innovations MOD. The home styles range from mid-century to contemporary to modern. As a bonus, some of the proceeds will go to Coronado High School.
- The large white-tented art shows will be back toward the middle of January. The first exposition is the Celebration of Fine Art at Hayden and Loop 101. This show, with 100 artists exhibiting, runs from January 16th through March 27th. The second show is the Arizona Fine Art Expo, which will run from January 22nd to April 3rd and is located at 26540 N. Scottsdale Road, adjacent to MacDonald’s Ranch. Here, 120 artists will be creating and selling their works via the Thunderbird Artists.
- Have kids or grandkids still in love with Frozen? If so, Disney on Ice will be performing Frozen from January 13th through the 18th at the Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix.
- On January 16th, come take advantage of a Snow Day at Desert Ridge in the Sandbar parking lot. There will be over 35 tons of snow and lots of activities and nibbles, plus live music.
- The PF Chang Rock-n-Roll Arizona Marathon and Half-Marathon is back on January 16th and 17th. Shorter distance races are also available.
- Do you enjoy the history of the Pony Express? If so, be at the Hashknife Pony Express Statue near Scottsdale and Camelback at high noon to watch the arrival of the Hashknife Pony Express riders, who will be finishing off their 200 mile journey from Holbrook.
- The Carefree Art and Wine Festival is back again on the weekend of January 29th. 165 artists will be displaying over 5,000 pieces of artwork. Grab a glass of wine and stroll through the streets of downtown Carefree enjoying the art.
- Barrett-Jackson comes back to town on January 22 and runs through the 31st at WestWorld. This is the 45th anniversary of this incredibly popular and well-loved automobile auction that showcases some of the world’s most rare and special cars.
- The Canadian Brass will be performing on January 29th at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts.
- So this one kicks off in early February, but may be worth a trip south to Queen Creek for Schnepf Farm’s Peach Blossom Celebration. Tour the orchards on foot, on a train or on a hayride and take in the beautiful blooming trees. While you are there, stop by the Country Store for tasty homemade goods or head over to the U-Pick organic gardens.
This is only a short collection of the large number of events coming up. If you have any others that you would like to add, please feel free to post them in the comments section.