– Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales in June 2015 –
Scottsdale home sales in June had another great month. Even though pending activity was down at the end of May, home sales in June exceeded those of May.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – JUNE 2015
The image below covers the previous year of home sales activity in Scottsdale. Three things are being tracked in this chart:
– Single-family homes on the market are shown in red.*
– Pending home sales are shown in green.*
– Completed home Sales are shown in purple.
JUNE 2015 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: As we see seasonally, the number of homes on the market fell 10.9%. This is a combination of strong sales activity and an increase in the number of expired listings.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales actually increased 4% between June and May. We usually see this figure taper off as the warm summer months set in.
- June Home Sales in Scottsdale: Sales were up 2.8% over May to 472. This is well ahead of the 12 month average of 381 home sales.
This next set of data covers two other aspects of the Scottsdale real estate market.
The top part looks at month over month changes in sales activity for each of the statuses. So, as you can see, actives were down between May and June, while pendings and sales were both up.
The lower part compares average list prices with the corresponding average sales prices. Looking at June, there was a 4.3% difference between list and actual prices, which means buyers on average saw a 4.3% discount off of asking prices.
Scottsdale real estate continued to perform very well in June. And although I had anticipated a quieter month, sales activity actually picked up.
*Figures for active homes for sale and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 7/1/2015 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There June be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2015 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes