– Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales in January 2015 –
January was a quiet month for home sales, which is something we see seasonally as people focus on the holidays instead of home hunting. The positive news is that pending sales were trending back up at the end of the month.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – JANUARY 2015
The graphic below charts the past 12 months of data for the following:
– Single-family homes for sale are the red line.*
– Pending home sales are the green line.*
– Completed Home Sales are the purple line.
JANUARY 2015 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was up about 12% at the end of January. This is something we see annually as expired listings come back on the market or when sellers were waiting for the new year to list their homes.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were up at the end of the month. Again, this is a trend we see annually as activity picks up at the beginning of the year.
- January Home Sales in Scottsdale: Home sales were 295, which is down over December, but ahead of November’s sales.
The charts below look at two other measures of the Scottsdale real estate market. The top chart examines how the figures changed from the previous month’s activity. So, if you look at home sales, you can see them picking up at the first part of the year, declining in the summer and fall, and so on. Sales were down 20.9% in January over December.
The bottom chart compares what homes were listed for in comparison to what they sold for. So, on average, home buyers saw a 5% discount off of asking price in January.
As expected, January was a quieter month. However, we are now moving into the high season and I expect these numbers to improve quite a bit over the next several months.
*Figures for active homes for sale and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 2/1/2015 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2015 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes