– Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales in December 2014 –
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – DECEMBER 2014
The graphic below charts the past 12 months of data for the following:
– Single-family homes for sale are represented in red.*
– Pending home sales are represented in green.*
– Home Sales are represented in purple.
DECEMBER 2014 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The inventory of homes for sale dropped 5.7% over the previous month. However, we do see this dip seasonally as many listings expire on December 31st. I anticipate this will go back up again in January.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were down over 25% to 210. Again, this is a seasonal factor as many people are focused on the holidays versus home shopping.
- December Home Sales in Scottsdale: Posted home sales were strong at 373. This is the best sales performance we have seen since last summer.
The next set of figures looks at two different components of the real estate market in Scottsdale.
The numbers on top look at the rate of change when compared to the previous month. So, if you look at the ‘sold’ data, you will see home sales were up 43.5% over November.
The lower section compares the ratio of what homes were listed on the market for in comparison to the actual sales prices. In December, the average discount off of asking prices in Scottsdale was 4.7%.
Overall, sales were decent during the last month of 2014. Based on pending figures and seasonality, January should be somewhat quiet on the sales front and inventory will most likely go up over the course of the month.
*Figures for active homes for sale and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 1/1/2015 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2015 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes