Here is the 2012 home sales overview for Scottsdale’s 85266 zip code. Data from Q4 2012 as well as full-year data are included.
85266 is one of the most northern zip codes in Scottsdale. It is bordered by Scottsdale zip codes 85255 and 85262 as well as Cave Creek and Carefree. For the most part, 85266 is home to single-family homes on larger lots. There are some planned communities, but many of the homes are standalone. There are also many homes with horse facilities in 85266. The presence of the Sonoran Desert has been well-preserved in this area.
85266 HOME SALES INFORMATION
Below you will see the home sales data for Q4 2012 as well as the entire year. To get a better sense of what kinds of homes sold and what what prices, I have divided the information into three categories.
Here is how they are being defined:
– Non-Distressed Sales – These are “normal” or “regular” home sales that most people are used to. Because of this, they are called non-distressed.
– Short Sales –When homeowners can only sell the home for less than what is owed, they will need to do a short sale. In this case, third party approvals are needed in order for the home to sell since the lienholder(s) will be coming up ‘short’ in the transaction. A short sale is considered a type of distress sale.
– Foreclosures – The other type of distress sale is a foreclosure. These are homes where the homeowner has lost possession of the home and it has reverted back to the lienholder.
Overall Findings for the Scottsdale Zip Code 85266 Home Sales Market for Q4 2012 – Data as of January 1, 2013
- Active Scottsdale 85266 Homes For Sale: Most of the homes for sale at the end of the year (97%) were regular sales. The rest was evenly split between the two distressed categories.
- 85266 Pending Homes for Sale: Short sales made up over one third of the pending inventory at the end of the year. Whereas, there were no foreclosure homes pending. The rest (63%) was comprised of regular sales.
- Q4 2012 Scottsdale 85266 Home Sales: Foreclosures and short sales made up just under a quarter of all Q4 sales, even though they only represented a small portion of homes for sale.
- 85266 Home Prices: Usually, regular sales have the highest average sales price, but in Q4, we saw that with short sales instead. However, when you look at average price per square foot, you see regular sales with the highest amount.
- Cumulative Days on Market: Regular sales and foreclosures had the shortest average time on the market and short sales came in with about an 8 month average.
- Discounts Off of List Price: Interestingly enough, all of the home sales types came in with the same average discount off of asking price. Usually, you see more of a price discount on regular sales versus distressed sales.
Scottsdale Zip Code 85266 Home Sales for 2012
Here is the same data, but for the entire year of sales in 85266. The numbers came in as we would expect. Regular sales had the highest average sales price and average price per square foot, followed by short sales then foreclosures.
Here you can see the larger average discount off of list price for regular sales, with less of a discount for the other two sales types.
QUARTERLY SUMMARY – 2012 Scottsdale Home Sales in Zip Code 85266
As we saw all over the Valley, Q2 was the strongest quarter from a sales perspective. The other three quarters’ sales were somewhat level.
Regular sales and short sales’ share of home sales were more or less level throughout the year, with the exception of Q2. Foreclosures bounced around a little bit more.
To see this same information for the entire City of Scottsdale AZ, please visit these previous reports:
View Scottsdale Home Sales by Type for 2011
View Scottsdale Home Sales by Type for 2010
View Scottsdale Home Sales by Type for 2009
Disclaimer: Due to rounding issues, not all columns will add up to 100%. Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of and 1/1/2013 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and sales in Scottsdale AZ zip code 85266 for Q4 2012. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2013 Heather Tawes Nelson