- October 3 -6 – It is Phoenix Fashion Week at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale. There will be runway shows, seminars, competitions, sample sales, parties and much much more. There is also a charity event called “Fashionably Pink”to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. You can access the full calendar of events via the link above.
- October 4, 7:30PM – If you are a fan of the symphony, on October 4th, there will be a performance of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. Michael Christie will be conducting.
- October 4-28 – If you are ready to get into the Halloween/Fall feel of things, take a drive to Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek for the “Pumpkin and Chili Party.” It runs Thursdays through Sundays and is the only time when the entire farm is open to the public. Some fun options include pig races, hayrides, mini-golf, a carousel, bonfires, a petting zoo, roller coasters, a 3 acre pumpkin patch, corn mazes, freshly made food and more.
- October 5-9 – Film aficionados will enjoy the Scottsdale Film Festival which Is taking place at the Harkins theaters at Shea Boulevard and Scottsdale Road. This is the 12th year this has been going on and not only will you see a lot of powerful domestic movies, there are international offerings as well.
- October 5-November 16 – The Desert Botanical Garden is offering their “Music in the Garden“ series starting on Fridays from 7 to 9PM. Each week there will be a new musical act featured in the setting of the beautiful botanical gardens.
- October 7, 3-5PM – The Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts is holding a “Dine Out with the Chefs” event. Twenty-five of the area’s top chefs will get together for cooking demonstrations, tastings and so much more. It should be a great time.
- October 7-28, 1-4PM – “Carefree Sundays” at El Pedregal continue. Each Sunday, musical groups perform in the open courtyard at El Pedregal. It is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
- October 13-14, 10AM-5PM -Adults and children alike will be thoroughly entertained by Railfair 2012 at the McCormick Stillman Railroad Park. Enjoy model train displays, historical railroad cars and special equipment, entertainment and more. Admission to the event is free and rides on the train and carousel can be purchased.
- October 17-18, 5pm-10pm – Head up to Cave Creek for the “Taste of Cave Creek 2012” This evening event will be held at Stagecoach Village in downtown Cave Creek. There will be art, a wine and beer garden, tequila tastings, live music and more. Many of Cave Creek and Carefree’s top and most popular restaurants will be participating including Binkley’s, Latilla at The Boulders, Tonto Bar and Grill, Buffalo Chip, Harold’s, The Horny Toad, El Encanto, Cartwright’s Steakhouse, the Carefree Resort and Villas and more. Be sure to come hungry as there will be some delicious food there.
As always, this is only a small sampling of all the things coming up in and around Scottsdale in the month of October, so if you have any other events you would like to recommend, please feel free to add them in the comment section.