Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 You Courses Can Play“ public golf course list is out for 2012, and Scottsdale was well represented amongst the finalists.
Here are the ones that made the list:
– The highest-ranking Scottsdale golf course was the Pinnacle Course at Troon North. It came in at number 20.
– The next two courses are actually located on the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation, just off of Shea Boulevard, so this is a little stretch for Scottsdale, but they are certainly worth mentioning. They are the Cholla Course, at number 37, and the Saguaro Course, at number 40, at the We-Ko-Pa Golf Club.
– Next on the list is the other golf course at Troon North. The Monument Course was ranked number 52.
– From there, The Boulders makes an appearance at number 93, with the South Course making the list.
– The final Scottsdale course to make the top 100 was the Talon Course located in Grayhawk, coming in at number 99.
As residents and visitors already know, Scottsdale is a great place for golf. This list just reaffirms what a great community Scottsdale is and how hard it is to match the lifestyle Scottsdale residents enjoy.
Local courses you like to play? If you have other public courses you like to play in Scottsdale or the surrounding areas, please feel free to share them in the comments section.