Summer is in full swing in Scottsdale and are still plenty of things going on even though the heat makes it tough to get outside sometimes.
- If you’re looking for some weekend evening entertainment, the Kierland Summer Concert Series is still going on for couple more weeks. The shows are on Saturday nights from 7 to 9 PM and the concerts are free to attend. Just come to the central grassy area of Kierland Commons and enjoy the show.
- If you’re looking for ways to beat the heat, take a visit to the Musical Instrument Museum in north Phoenix. It always has plenty of activities to going on and really interesting things to look at and explore. In addition, they have special events and performances taking place frequently. For example, there is an AZ Kids event taking place on Sunday, July 22nd and musical performances coming up from the Leipzig String Quartet (July 25), Luísa Maita (July 27) and Ravi Coltrane (July 29).
- On July 21, snow will be coming to the Valley of the Sun. It is Winter in July at the Phoenix Zoo. This is a really fun event for people to go out and experience 20 tons of snow at the zoo in the middle of July. Play in the snow, have a snowball fight or watch some of the animals enjoy icy treats. The event runs from 7am to 11am and Radio Disney will be there as well. I suggest getting there early as this is a very fun and popular event.
- Summer means baseball and if you want to get and see the Arizona Diamondbacks in action, there are several games to choose from at the end of July. They start with the Houston Astros (July 20-22), then play the Colorado Rockies (July 23-25) and end with the New York Mets (July 26-29) before heading back out on the road. If you have not experienced Chase Field yet, you should. It is a great stadium that even comes with its own pool.
- Take a drive over to Fountain Hills and explore the town. And, if you have a chance to go on a weekend between July 20 and August 5, try and see the “Unforgettable” show at the Fountain Hills Theater. Sit back and enjoy some of your favorite classics from years past as they are sung by some unforgettable performers.
- And last, but not least, the Scottsdale Farmers Market is still taking place every Saturday from 7am to 11am in Old Town Scottsdale. It’s located in the corner Brown Avenue and First Street and it’s always a great way to go to support local vendors while getting really delicious fresh produce and products.
Again, this is just a small sample of the things going on in and around Scottsdale, Arizona in late July and August 2012. Please feel free to add any additional events in the comments.