If you do a quick review of my previous posts, you can see that I really enjoy dining at local restaurants. I thought for today, I could present a short list of five of my favorite things to eat in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.
Here they are in no particular order.
1) When you eat at Bourbon Steak at the Scottsdale Princess resort, you are served some of the most delicious sampler of Duck Fat Fries. The fries are cooked in duck fat and are prepared three ways with three different dipping sauces. The first preparation is paprika fries with BBQ dipping sauce. The second is herb fries with an onion-enhanced ketchup. The final preparation is my personal favorite. It is truffle fries with a truffle aioli.
2) Zinc Bistro in Kierland Commons serves one of my all-time favorite sandwiches for lunch. Called the Basiled Chicken and Brie Sandwich, is a chicken breast with brie, basil and mushrooms on deliciously crunchy bread. It is heavenly and feel free to order a side of pommes frites to complete your meal.Update: As of my last visit, they had updated this sandwich a little. Rather than mushroom and basil, they are now using tomatoes and arugula. It was also quite tasty.
3) On the super decadent and rarely offered side, Binkley’s in Cave Creek serves a White Truffle Risotto that is out of this world. It is only offered for a limited amount of time based on the season for white truffles. It is not an inexpensive dish, but it is something you have to try at least once.
4) The Scones at the English Rose Tea Room in Carefree, Arizona. They are so simple, yet so delicious. Our favorite thing to order is the Cream Tea. With that, you get a pot of tea, two enormous scones, Devon cream and strawberry preserves.
5) Yogurtology Frozen Yogurt. There are several of these stores all over Scottsdale and this is one of my favorite places to stop by and get my “sweet fix” without feeling guilty. They consistently offer a large variety of creative flavors and change them up quite often. Some of my favorites are the Oatmeal Cookie, Tiramisu and Mint Chocolate. They also have flavors to tie in with the season. For instance, the last time I was in, they had a gingerbread yogurt offering.
So this was just Part 1 of some of my favorite things to eat in Scottsdale. Please feel free to add any of your favorite “bites” to the comments. It is always fun to discover new things to try in Scottsdale and beyond.