Now that things have cooled off in Scottsdale, Arizona and the weather is amazing, there are plenty of great Scottsdale area events happening. Couple that with the upcoming holidays and events are going on everywhere.
While this list is not exhaustive, here are a few things to do in Scottsdale over the next couple of months:
- The Phoenix Zoo’s Zoolights are back – Running from November 25th 2010 through January 9th 2011 in the evening, the Zoolights exhibit is sure to put a smile on your face. There are over 3.5 million lights that form over 600 sculptures. This year, they are launching a Polar Slide where you can rush down a 180 foot long “ice” slide on an inner-tube.
- One of the most charming things to see in the Southwest is luminarias twinkling against a desert backdrop. Experience this in person at Las Noches de las Luminarias at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. This special event runs from December 2- December 30, 2010.
- Interested in architecture and design or want to be part of the changes to Downtown Scottsdale? Attend one or all of the events around the Paolo Soleri Bridge & Plaza Dedication Weekend taking place December 10-12, 2010. While the dedication takes place on Saturday the 11th, there is a full schedule of activities and events all weekend. They include tours of Soleri’s work, lectures and exhibits as well as other events.
- Ice skating in the desert? You bet. While we do not have true ice like many of our neighbors in colder climates do, put on your skates and enjoy the synthetic ice at Palavela Home. From December 2 through December 31, you can enjoy a 45 minute skating session that comes with skate rentals. Be sure to make a reservation as only 40 people can skate per session.
- For art lovers, Old Town Scottsdale ‘s Thursday night Art Walks are a great way to see Scottsdale’s excellent and varied galleries. From 7-9PM every Thursday, take the time to visit local vendors and enjoy nibbles and refreshments along the way.
- Looking for fresh produce and artisan goods? The Old Town Scottsdale’s Farmer’s Market is up and running again. Stop by on Saturday mornings between 8:30AM and 1PM and support local growers and producers and enjoy fresh from the farm goods.
- For the sports lover, the Insight Bowl takes place on December 28th. Head on down to Tempe and cheer on the competing teams as they go for the Insight Bowl title.