– Day of the Cowboy – July 24th – Various Events around Scottsdale
Celebrate Scottsdale’s Western and Cowboy roots by celebrating the Day of the Cowboy. Listen to cowboy stories and cowboy poetry at the McDowell Mountain Preserve. Take a tour of western art by following a self-guided tour of various western art installations. Visit the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art and experience the Western exhibition. If you prefer to celebrate from the comfort of your own home, you can catch the Hashknife Pony Express Ride on TV. Click for more information regarding the Day of the Cowboy.
– Indoor Mall Walk Supporting Partnership for Drug-Free America – July 24 – 8-10AM
Fashion Square Mall is hosting its first official mall walk with this event. Get some exercise and window shop in an air-conditioned mall, all while supporting charity. In addition to the Mall Walk, the Scottsdale Police Department will be doing a prescription drug destruction event. Rather than tossing unused prescription drugs where they could be possibly be ingested by animals or get into the water table, bring your leftover medicine to the event and they will destroy it for you. Click for more information on the Mall Walk.
– Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art – Various Installations
Visit the SMoCA and escape from the heat. The Western exhibition mentioned previously runs through August 22nd. Want something more modern-day? Check out the Young @ Art Gallery Visions’ “Text Messages” event through September 10th. Another one to see is the Architecture + Art: 90 Days Over 100 Degrees installation which runs through September 19th.
ONGOING SCOTTSDALE EVENTS
Scottsdale also has several ongoing events to take advantage of.
– Scottsdale Artwalk on Thursday Nights – Every Thursday from 7-9PM, stroll the Scottsdale Arts District and visit the wonderful galleries after-hours.
–Old Town Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday morning from 8AM to noon, visit the Scottsdale’s Farmer Market at the Scottsdale Stadium.
– “Localmotion” Trolley Tours– On the second Saturday of the month, hop on the trolley and explore Scottsdale. Starting at 10:30AM, you will enjoy a two-hour tour including the Old Mission, Southbridge and more. Reservations are required. Please call (480) 634-6850 for more information and to make a reservation.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.