Scottsdale, AZ is home to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, a wonderful park designed around all things railroad. Encompassing 30 acres, the centrally-located park originally opened in 1975.
There are several attractions at the park for children and adults alike to enjoy:
- Paradise & Pacific Railroad– Ride the train as it completes its one mile loop that meanders through the park.
- Charro Carousel – Become a child again or join your child as you go around and around.
- Train Exhibits – Take a tour of three full-size railroad cars including an engine, a Pullman car and a baggage car.
- The Merci Train – A lovely overview of the gifts France sent to America in return for America’s generosity following World War II.
- Playground areas
- Picnic areas and ramadas
- Train Clubs
- There are also a number of shops and concession areas and seasonal exhibitions.
If you have children, they will love playing in the many playground areas as well as riding the train and carousel. If you are looking to relax a bit, the park has plenty of grassy areas well away from the action and attractions. If you have a group of people, there are plenty of ramadas on the grounds available for rent.
Admission to the park is free. Tickets are required for the Railroad and Carousel, but children under three ride free with an adult.
McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park
7301 E. Indian Bend Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85250
– Corner of Indian Bend Rd. and Scottsdale Rd.