– 2022 Holiday Celebrations in Scottsdale –
The holiday season is back and Scottsdale and the surrounding areas love to celebrate!
Here is a list of some of the holiday events going on in and around Scottsdale this year.
- The Polar Express- Now through December 30th – This popular event is back again for people of all ages. Board the Polar Express train in Williams, Arizona and then take a magical ride to the North Pole.
- World of Illumination – Now through January 1st – The World of Illumination is so popular, there are now three locations in the Valley. They have North Phoenix, Tempe and Glendale locations. Stay in the comfort of your car and be dazzled by over 2 million lights synchronized to music at this drive-through light extravaganza. You pay by the carload and be sure to buy tickets online to save some money. Snacks and refreshments for sale.
- The North Pole Experience in Flagstaff – Now through December 24th – This is an unforgettable experience. Come visit Santa’s workshop and help make some toys. Hungry or looking for a treat? Then head over to Mrs. Claus’ bakery. From there, you can see Santa’s sleigh, write a letter to Santa and so much more!
- Christmas at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess – November 18th – January 2nd – The Princess has one of the best holiday experiences around and each year, they keep improving and expanding it. The event is spread over 65 acres and features 6.5 million lights! Go ice skating, take a ride on the Ferris wheel, make some smores, visit Santa and other favorite winter characters, or have a hot cocoa or an adult beverage. There is so much to do – be sure to take a look! Plus, there are other special options and experiences if you are staying at the hotel. Be sure to buy your tickets in advance!
- Desert Ridge Holiday Events – November 20th – December 31st – Desert Ridge once again has lots of options for the holidays. Snow in the desert? Why not? There will be nightly snowfall. Also, be sure to be there on November 22nd for the grand kickoff party and tree lighting.
- Phoenix Zoo’s Zoolights – November 23rd – January 15th – Zoolights is one of the Phoenix Zoo’s most popular events. Millions of lights and displays bring the zoo to life in a different way. This year they have new light displays and a global light and music show. Enjoy!
- Holiday Lights at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park – November 25th – December 30th – As I have said before, this annual event is a favorite for folks all over the Valley and one of our personal favorites. Get your tickets and come ride on the train through magical light displays all over the park. Ride on the carousel or grab a bite to eat. There are two timed sessions to make sure everyone can enjoy the experience without overcrowding.
- Scottsdale’s Scottsdazzle– November 26th – December 31st – Scottsdazzle is back and even better for 2022! It kicks off with a tree lighting ceremony and from there, you have family events, 21+ events, classes, entertainment and so much more! Here is a calendar of everything going on.
- The Santa Social at Scottsdale Quarter – November 26th – This is a fun family day at Scottsdale Quarter. In addition to kids’ activities like face painting, Santa and entertainment there are also puppy adoptions and more. End the day with a special holiday movie screening. Scottsdale Quarter is also offering other holiday events – See the calendar.
- The Tipsy Grinch Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale – Select dates starting December 3rd – This is a new entrant to the Scottsdale holiday scene. This 21+ pop-up event will feature fun decor and specialty cocktails and bites.
- Las Noches de las Luminarias at the Desert Botanical Garden – Weekends December 9th – December 31st – Enchanting luminaria lanterns will come alive each evening as you stroll through the Desert Botanical Garden. There will be live music, performances and more. This year is extra special because you can enjoy large-scale sculptures by Rotraut as they are lit up by the luminaria candles.
- The Nutcracker with the Phoenix Ballet – December 10th – 24th – This holiday tradition lives on. Catch the classic ballet The Nutcracker and become immersed in the land of fantasy.
- Phoestivus – December 14th and 15th – Seinfeld fans will love this play on the spelling of the infamous Festivus. 200 vendors will be selling their wares at this downtown Phoenix holiday market. There will be lots of vendors to visit, food, beverages, entertainment and more.
- Chanukah in Carefree– December 18th – 25th – Carefree will have a menorah lighting every night of Chanukah. Each night will feature a different community group and theme. Christmas will be celebrated on December 3rd with a tree lighting, live music and carolers.
As always, this is just a partial list, so feel free to add any other events in the comment section.
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Events subject to change. Some events are free, while others have an admission fee or items for purchase. Please plan ahead as many of these events sell out.