– February 2019 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Scottsdale home sales picked up a little bit in February and inventory was up at the end of the month.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – FEBRUARY 2019
These are the sales activities we track on a monthly basis:
– Single-family homes for sale – The number of homes on the market at the end of the month are seen on orange line.*
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – The number of homes in UCB status at the end of the month is seen on the gray line.*
– Pending home sales – How many sales were pending at the end of the month are seen in the yellow line.*
– Home Sales – How many homes sold are seen on with the blue line.
FEBRUARY 2019 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Active inventory was up again at the end of the month to 1,950.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): The number of UCB homes was actually down by one at the end of February. This could be attributed to the shorter month.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending contracts were up a healthy 20%. There were 288 pendings at the end of the month.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: The number of homes that sold was up over 14% and closed out at 368. This is trending behind where we were last year around the same time.
The following section covers two more sales metrics that we track.
On the top, we are looking at how each of the items performed relative to the prior month. For instance, the number of homes for sale was up 3.9% between the end of January and the end of February.
Below that is Sales Price to List Price. Here we are comparing average asking prices to average sales prices. In February, it came in at 94.5% so buyers saw an average discount off of asking price of 5.5%.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 3/1/2019. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2019 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes