– Scottsdale Events October 2017 –
October is here and temperatures should be coming down as the month progresses. Here is a collection of events going on in and around Scottsdale over the next month.
- Fall Concert Series at Scottsdale Quarter – Saturdays – These free concerts take place every Saturday from 5PM to 7PM at the Quad.
- Fashionably Pink Fashion Show – October 5th – Talking Stick will kick off Phoenix Fashion week by hosting the Fashionably Pink Fashion Show this year, benefiting Check for a Lump. Fashions will be modeled by celebrities and survivors alike. Live music, a cocktail reception and a red carpet experience will round things out.
- Dinosaurs in the Desert – October 6th – April 30th – The Phoenix Zoo will be debuting its Dinosaurs in the Desert exhibition. Twenty-three prehistoric creatures will be on display with plenty of educational opportunities.
- Mac and Cheese Festival – October 7th – Love Mac and Cheese? Then you are going to love this event! The first annual Mac and Cheese Festival will be held at the Scottsdale Waterfront. Taste all different kinds of Mac and Cheese and watch local chefs demonstrate.
- MDA Taste of the Town – October 13th – This wonderful event benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association will feature food from top restaurants, drinks, live music and auction and so much more. The event will be held at Scottsdale Quarter.
- The Arizona Taco Festival – October 14th – Taco fans, rejoice! The Taco Festival is back! Sample tacos from all over the state, see who wins the top taco awards, listen to live music and let the kids play in the kids zone. It should be a fantastic day!
- Rendez-Zoo – October 14th – This annual fundraising event for the Phoenix Zoo will feature a prehistoric theme. Eat, drink and dance as you explore the zoo at night.
- Cooks and Corks – October 20th – The Four Seasons Scottsdale will host this event that benefits the Scottsdale League for the Arts.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art Family Day – October 21st – Families will be admitted free from noon to 4PM to explore and create.
- Gelato Festival – October 27th – Come learn all about and sample delicious gelato at the Gelato Festival taking place at Kierland Commons.
- 7th Annual Polo Party – November 11th – 12th – The Polo Party is back and bigger than ever. This year, there are two days of events, including exciting polo matches, a performance by the Phoenix Opera, a canine couture show, a preview of sleek cars from Barrett Jackson, and more.
As always, this is just a partial list. Feel free to add any other events in the comments section.
Disclaimer: Events and locations subject to change.