– Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales in March 2015 –
The month of March was a great one for Scottsdale home sales. We saw a huge spike in sales that put the market at levels it had not seen for almost a year. Plus, we saw a nice jump in pending sales as well.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – MARCH 2015
The image below covers the previous twelve months of home sales activity in Scottsdale. There are three sets of data that are being tracked:
– Single-family homes on the market are depicted in red.*
– Pending home sales are depicted in green.*
– Completed Home Sales are depicted in purple.
MARCH 2015 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory actually decreased for the first time in a few months. It was a slight dip of only 0.6% over February.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales saw a healthy 23.1% increase between the end of February and the end of March. The month ended with 394 pending sales, the highest we have seen in the past 12 months. The 12 month average for this figure is 301 homes.
- March Home Sales in Scottsdale: Home sales were excellent. 458 homes sold in March, a 44.5% increase over February. This is the third highest this figure has been in the past 12 months.
The next charts look at two different pieces of information.
The top section shows the rate of change on a month-over-month basis. Looking below, you can see we have had three months in a row of solid increases in pending sales and the 44.5% increase in home sales between February and March.
The lower section looks at the final sales price of homes relative to their asking prices. So in March, home buyers received an average of 4.2% off of the asking price of homes.
March was an excellent month for the Scottsdale single family home market. Inventory stabilized and pending and actual home sales saw large increases. Based on the solid pending figure, APril should be another excellent month.
*Figures for active homes for sale and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 4/1/2015 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2015 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes