– Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales in November 2014 –
November was a pretty quiet month for home sales activity in Scottsdale. It had its second lowest sales month of the year, with January coming in slightly lower. However, we did see an uptick in pending activity which is better news for December.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – NOVEMBER 2014
The chart below contains the past 12 months of data for the following categories:
– Single-family homes for sale are depicted in red.*
– Pending home sales are depicted in green.*
– Home Sales are depicted in purple.
NOVEMBER 2014 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes for sale was up 2.8% over October to 2,165. This is just above the 12 month average of 2,128 homes.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales saw a healthy 22.1% bump when compared to October’s pendings. We ended the month with 282 homes under contract. The 12 month average for this figure is 307.
- November Home Sales in Scottsdale: Sales were very quiet and came in at 260. This is well below the 12 month average of 363 sales.
Next, we will take a look at two other sets of information pertaining to the Scottsdale real estate market.
The first section looks at the pace of sales activity when compared to the prior month. For examples, while pending sales were up 22.1% over October, we also saw a 22.6% decrease in closed sales when compared to October.
The second part pertains to final sales price when compared to the asking prices of the homes when they went under contract. So in November, buyers on average saw a 4.2% discount of off asking prices. This number has been trending around 95% throughout 2014.
November was a quiet month for home sales in Scottsdale, as we anticipated from the prior month’s numbers and seasonality. The uptick in pending sales is a positive however, and should help us wrap up the year.
*Figures for active homes for sale and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 12/1/2014 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2014 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes