Even though the official “Season” is over here in Scottsdale, AZ, there are still plenty of things going on for local residents and visitors. Here are just a few of the upcoming events in and around Scottsdale.
- The weekend of May 21 and 22 is the last weekend of the Queen Creek Peach Festival at Schnepf Farms.
- Ready for some fun? Mamma Mia is playing at the ASU Gammage Theater between May 17-22. If you want something a little more dramatic, Les Miserables is also coming to ASU Gammage from June 7-12.
- The City of Scottsdale is Turning 60! – Enjoy 60 days of events celebrating this momentous occasion. Art events, hikes and exercise, parties and more are all part of the plan. Events run from April 26th to June 26th.
- Music in the Garden at Phoenix’s Desert Botanical Garden wraps for the season on May 27th. If you are looking for something for the younger set or family fun, on Thursdays and Saturdays at 7PM starting in June, you can do a flashlight tour of the garden. What a great way to learn about the Sonoran Desert at night.
- From May 1 – July 3rd, The McCormick Stillman Railroad Park is hosting free Sunday evening concerts featuring local artists. The concerts run from 7:30-9:00pm and food will be available for purchase on most of those nights. In addition, the train and carousel will remain open during the concert hours.
- Movie Mondays at the Heard Museum are going on from May 23rd to June 27th. A large selection of movies from Code Talkers to a profile of a dancer to 100 Years of Weaving will be shown. Movies are complimentary with museum entrance ticket.
- June 4th to July 30th, Kierland Commons will be launching its evening summer concert series as well. Concerts will take place from 7-9pm on Saturdays. Looking to cool off at Kierland during the day? The seasonal Splash Pad is now open daily through October 31st.
This is just a partial list of some upcoming events in Scottsdale. Feel free to add any events in the comment section.