At the end of September, a major construction project on Scottsdale Road in the Pinnacle Peak area began. This project is slated to be completed in October 2013, but is being performed in phases to help minimize traffic disruptions.
Once complete, additional lanes will have been added to Scottsdale Road, there will be a bridge over the Rawhide Wash, (which will really help during heavy rains), and there will be attractive landscaping and art among other improvements.
October 2012 Project Updates
- This first phase is the most restrictive traffic-wise and the City of Scottsdale is working quickly. Right now, traffic is only one lane in each direction on Scottsdale Road and will remain that way through October. You can expect to see an additional lane in each directions open up some time in December.
- Before, turns onto Pinnacle Peak were not allowed. Now, vehicles coming south on Scottsdale Road can turn onto Pinnacle Peak going eastbound. The plan is for some of the other Pinnacle Peak turn restrictions will be lifted at the end of October.
- Pinnacle Peak traffic will go down to one lane in each direction at the Scottsdale Road intersection. This should run through the month of November.
- As of October 15th, Williams Road was closed at Scottsdale Road. This will last through mid-November. Alternate routes to Williams would be via Adobe Drive or Miller Road.
- Silverstone Drive, which is an access road for the Appaloosa Library and Vi at Silverstone is closed until October 2013. To access the library or Vi, you can come via Pinnacle Peak Road or Williams Drive.
This project is now complete.