Here is a sampling of some upcoming events in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas that might be of interest.
Scottsdale AZ – Upcoming Events for May 2012
- May 4-5 – If you’re looking for a little comedy, the famous performer Dana Carvey will be in town in early May at StandUpLive in Phoenix.
- May 4-25 on Friday evenings – From a musical perspective, the Desert Botanical Garden’s “Music in the Garden” weekly concerts are going on during the month of May. They take place from 7-9PM and are for adults, 21 and over.
- May 4-13 on select dates – Another musical offering involves the Musical Instrument Museum in North Phoenix. They have a series of concerts going on as well as many other excellent events throughout the month.
- May 5 & 6- Looking for a way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo? If you’re feeling a little adventurous on May 5th, head up to Sedona for the Sedona Chili Cookoff. It will be taking place at the Tlacquepaque shopping complex. On May 6th, go ahead and head on up to the El Pedregal Shopping Center at The Boulders in North Scottsdale. They are having a “Cinco de Salsa“ competition that includes live music all day.
- May 11 – The Gainey Ranch Golf Club is hosting a benefit for Horses Help. This tournament supports Horses Help, a program that uses equine therapy to assist people with special needs. In addition to the golf tournament, there will be games and a raffle.
- May 12 & 13 and 19 & -20 – Another fun event is to head down south to Queen Creek and go to the Schnepf Farms Peach Festival happening over the weekends of May 12th and May 19th. It’s a great way to go pick some peaches, enjoy some peach dishes and have some fun. It is a very family-friendly event so bring your kids or grandkids and admission is free.
- Looking a little further in the future starting in June, Cirque du Soleil is bringing a new production to town called Kooza. It runs from June 8 to July 1 over at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. It should be a very entertaining performance as Cirque rarely disappoints.
This list is certainly not exhaustive as Scottsdale and the surrounding areas always have lots of things going on, but I thought it was a good cross-section of events. If you have any events you would like to add to the list, please feel free to do so in the comment section.