-March 2021 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
Sales activity once again was incredibly high, only held back by the severely low inventory level of homes for sale.
As I mentioned last month, I have been doing this monthly report since 2007 and I have never seen anything like it.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – MARCH 2021
We track the following sales metrics on a monthly basis:
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – How many homes were on the market at the end of the month.
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – How many pending sales there were at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – How many homes sold during the month.
MARCH 2021 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Like many other places nationally, there are not enough homes for sale and demand is far outpacing supply. Multiple offers are more or less the norm now and many homes, especially in the more affordable price points are selling over asking price. March had the highest number of sales we have seen at 644.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): The number of UCB contracts was up 6.4% at the end of the month. This would be higher if there were more homes for sale.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were up by one in March. This sales metric is also being impacted by low inventory.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: March posted our highest month of sales in Scottsdale. An incredible 644 homes sold which was over 156% of the inventory available.
This next section contains two more sales metrics we track:
Percent Change Month Over Month – Here, we are comparing the current month’s performance to the month prior. For instance, sales were up 13.2% in March compared to February.
Sales Price to List Price – This tells you what homes are selling for on average compared to what the homes were listed for. In March, this figure was 99.2%, meaning there was very little price flexibility. In fact, homes priced at $999,999 or less sold for 101.4% of asking price on average.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 4/1/2021. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2021 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes