– Things to Do in and Around Scottsdale in August –
- Cruise the Zoo – August 6th – 10th – Although the Phoenix Zoo is closed to foot traffic, they have opened up new dates where you can tour the zoo from the comfort of your air-conditioned car. Reservations required.
- Pop Up Events at WestWorld – These fun events take drive-in movies to another level. August 7th and 8th will feature an 80’s themed GAME ON evening with socially-distanced gaming, a cosplay contest, a movie and more.
- Wonderspaces Arizona – This hard-to-describe, fascinating collection of art is open again with new exhibits and social distancing protocols.
- Scottsdale Quarter – Scottsdale Quarter is offering free outdoor fitness classes all summer. Plus, in August they are doing a back-to-school donation drive, an animal shelter donation drive and kitten adoptions.
- Desert Botanical Garden – The Desert Botanical Garden is open again. Early hours admission(with reservation) and evening hours available.
- Enjoy the Outdoors in Arizona – AZ Central pulled together a bucket list of things to do around our wonderful state. Think hikes, scenic drives, fishing holes and more.
- Arizona Boardwalk (formerly OdySea) – The Arizona Boardwalk is now open with safety protocols in place. Most of the attractions are open, but you will want to check and see if reservations are required for a specific attraction.
- Great Wolf Lodge – The Great Wolf Lodge is open. Cool off in one of the many indoor and outdoor pools and enjoy all of the water park activities.
- Staycation at the Scottsdale Princess – Swim-up movies on Saturday nights and plenty of pools to beat the heat.
- Visit the Musical Instrument Museum – The MIM is back and open. Enjoy learning about music from all over the globe.
- Top Golf Scottsdale – Ready to work on your golf game while having fun? Top Golf Scottsdale is open! And when you are ready for a full round, local courses are open.
If you have any other ideas, we would love to hear about them in the comments!