– June 2020 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales –
What a month! Things certainly turned around in June. The demand that was put on hold in March and April translated into a very strong housing market for June.
I believe that sales could have been even higher if there were more homes for sale. Inventory is the lowest I have seen and I have been tracking these figures since 2007.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – JUNE 2020
We track these sales metrics on a monthly basis.
– Single-family homes for sale – Orange Line – This is how many homes were for sale at the end of the month.
– Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) – Gray Line – This is the number of homes that were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
– Pending home sales – Yellow Line – This is a count of the pending sales at the end of the month.*
– Home Sales – Blue Line – This is the number of closed sales for the month.
JUNE 2020 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: This is the lowest I have seen our inventory in Scottsdale. The fewer number of homes for sale will definitely hold back upcoming sales activity.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): We saw a solid increase of 10.2% in UCB contracts. (This is after we saw a huge 60.9% jump between April and May.) This is indicates sales will still be solid in July.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were up another 24.6% at the end of June. (End of May pendings were up 24.2%.) This is the second highest these have been in the past 12 months.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Sales activity rocketed in June. There were 519 sales, which is a huge improvement over April and May.
Now we will take a look at two more sales metrics related to Scottsdale’s housing market.
Percent Change Month Over Month – The top information looks at the month-over-month performance of the four sales metrics we track. Look at the solds for June – Sales were up 62.2% over May!
Sales Price to List Price – This next one compares average sales prices to the average asking prices. As you can see, there has been a slight discount over the past twelve months. In June, buyers on average saw a discount of 3.4% off of list price.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 7/1/2020. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2020 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes